The 10th International Conference
on Boiling & Condensation Heat Transfer
12 - 15 March 2018
About the conference
The 10th International Conference on Boiling and Condensation Heat Transfer (ICBCHT2018) will be held from 12th - 15th March, 2018 in Nagasaki, Japan. This conference is the latest in a series that has been held in Santa Barbara, Banff, Irsee, Alyeska, Jamaica, Spoleto, Florianopolis, Lausanne, and Boulder. The focus will be to provide researchers the opportunity to present and discuss novel work, while also identifying future needs in this critical area of research at international level. Papers related to boiling, condensation, heat transfer enhancement, physical and numerical modeling, as well as experimental techniques will be discussed.
|28/10/2017||"Registration for the conference" is opened in "Registration" page.|
|19/10/2017||The VISA information is available below and Registration Page.|
|18/09/2017||Short abstract submission has been closed on September 17, 2017.|
|31/08/2017||The deadline for short abstract submission has been extended |
to September 17, 2017.
|10/08/2017||Hotel list is posted on "Accommodation" page.|
|25/07/2017||"Abstract Submission" is opened in "Submission" page.|
|14/07/2017||The tentative timetable was posted in "Program" page.|
|14/07/2017||Registration fees were posted in "Registration" page.|
For those conference participants travelling from outside Japan, it is important to check the visa requirements for your entrance into the country. Please visit the webpage of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and check if you need to get visa for your entry.
Personalized invitation letters to the conference are available and can be obtained via communication with the conference secretary.
To disseminate and discuss fundamental and applied research on boiling and condensation heat transfer. Topics to be discussed include, but are not limited to:
- Pool boiling and bubble dynamics
- Flow boiling in micro- and macro-channels
- Enhanced bundle boiling
- Critical heat flux
- Boiling in plate heat exchangers
- Boiling in electronic cold plates
- Convective condensation in micro- and macro-channels
- Enhanced condensation
- Condensation in plate heat exchangers
- Falling film evaporation and condensation
- Boiling and condensation of mixtures
- Two-phase heat transfer devices
- Novel two-phase measurement and visualization techniques
- Numerical simulation and modelling of boiling and condensation phenomena
All authors are required to submit 1-2 page extended abstracts. Authors will then be given the option of submitting full papers to be presented in oral sessions. Selected full papers have the option of being reviewed for publication in a special issue of the Heat Transfer Engineering journal (Editor-in Chief Afshin Ghajar) if appropriate. Those submitting abstracts only will be assigned to oral sessions as space permits or to a poster session.
- Dr. Christos N. Markide, Imperial College London, UK
- Prof. Akio Miyara, Saga University, Japan
- Prof. Niro Nagai, University of Fukui, Japan
- Prof. Khellil Sefiane, The University of Edinburgh, UK
- Prof. Peter Stephan, Darmstat University of Technology, Germany
- Prof. Ying Sun, Drexel University, USA
- Dr. Miad Yazdani, United Technology Research Center, USA